Galicia Jewish Museum
Who we are:
The Galicia Jewish Museum consists of contemporary photographs showing the traces of Jewish past in Polish Galicia. The aim of the exhibition is to commemorate the victims of the Holocaust, but also to celebrate the rich and diverse Jewish culture that existed in that region before. The museum also organises several educational and cultural events such as meetings with Holocaust survivors or Kletzmer concerts.
What we offer:
- in-depth insight into the everyday workings of a growing and dynamic cultural institution
- internships with one of four museum departments, or for a general programme rotating between departments: Education, External Relations and Communications, Projects and Publications, Operations
- participation in cultural activities and study trips
- we assist with finding accommodation and will provide other logistical support if needed, such as letters of invitation for visa applications
What we expect:
- Students or graduates of a relevant university programme (such as Jewish or Religious Studies, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, history, anthropology, social sciences, cultural management) or someone demonstrating significant interest in the field
- Good knowledge of English which is the operational language of the museum, familiarity with other languages (esp. Polish, Hebrew or German) would be an asset
- commitment to the work and mission of the Galicia Jewish Museum
Internships should run for a minimum of eight weeks, but can last longer. They can take place anytime throughout the year, and part time internships are available.
For more information or to apply for an internship, please contact Monika Stępień (Administrative
Assistant / PA to Director), email@example.com