The program is designed for those who want to explore the Yiddishland in the forgotten continent of shtetls and cities once filled with Ashkenazi Jews.
Main topics of the program are:
- The heritage of shtetls, the small, often largely Jewish towns of Eastern Europe, including guided tour of some of these towns; and the heritage of Jewish life in major cities, especially Lublin,
- Yiddish and Hebrew as the linguistic pillars of local Jewish culture,
- In search of identity – Jewish Biographies of the 20th century,
- The Holocaust and its consequences for Lublin region,
- Education and creative work around the notion of collective memory,
Deadline for application is March 1st, 2015.
Please read more about the program on: http://teatrnn.pl/activities/summerschool/program/
Note--you can apply for Halpern funds and a Nationality Room Scholarship for this program.