If you have any academic activity planned for summer 2012 or AY 2012-2013 that involves Jewish Studies, you should apply for this scholarship:
University of Pittsburgh, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
PROGRAM IN JEWISH STUDIES
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
ETHEL M. HALPERN AWARD IN JEWISH STUDIES
for Undergraduate Jewish Studies students at the University of Pittsburgh
funded by the Ethel M. Halpern Endowed Fund for Students.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Monday February 13, 2012, 4 pm.
Undergraduate students are invited to apply for funding for any of the following purposes:
• travel or living expenses associated with a study abroad experience involving Jewish studies;
• travel or living expenses associated with participation in a summer language program in Hebrew, Yiddish, or another language relevant to Jewish studies;
• travel or living expenses associated with participation in an unpaid internship program connected to Jewish studies;
• travel expenses related to other study or research in Jewish studies;
• purchase of books or other materials related to research in Jewish studies.
Awards of up to $1000 each will be made for projects in the Summer of 2012 or during Academic Year 2012-2013.
Halpern Awards may be held in conjunction with other University and external funding in cases where the project costs exceed $1000.
The following application materials must be received in the Jewish Studies office, 2604 Cathedral of Learning, by 4 pm, Monday February 13, 2012: IN HARD COPY
• a statement of purpose explaining the proposed activities and how the activities will further the student’s undergraduate studies;
• a budget of anticipated expenses, including a list of other aid applied for, and a statement of the amount (up to $1000) requested from the Halpern Fund
• an official transcript from Pitt and any previous undergraduate institutions;
• a letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student’s work
• Full-time undergraduates in the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences.
• Have completed or be currently enrolled in at least one Jewish studies class (including Hebrew language) at the University of Pittsburgh.
For any questions about the award, please contact:
Adam Shear, Director, Jewish Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org.