Torah Study Positions
For Work Study Students or Volunteers
The Aleph Institute is a not-for-profit Jewish educational, religious and humanitarian organization serving incarcerated Jewish men and women and their families. Our guiding principle is “no one alone, no one forgotten." Among our many programs is our Torah Study Correspondence Course. We have about 300 students in state and federal prisons and county jails across the United States.
We need Faculty and Administrative staff who will:
• Administer our correspondence course
• Maintain and update student records electronically
• Answer correspondence from students and prison chaplains
• Grade exams, add encouraging notes and suggestions
• Research and answer questions from students by mail
• Interact with prison chaplains by telephone & email to resolve problems
• Help with many details of running a correspondence course
Interested candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and writing skills and the desire to help less fortunate people grow. We serve a very diverse students population of Jews from many countries and cultures around the world. Staff members must be proficient in Word and have a working knowledge of Excel and Publisher or be willing to learn. We need people with knowledge of social media and web communications. Although prison inmates have only limited access to email and the web we try to use electronic data technology to speed our service and reduce our costs.
Interested students should contact Richard Goldstein email@example.com or 412-421-0111 x115